Skrill is an eWallet or an e-payment that share a similar mould to PayPal. It acts as an intermediary between you, the bettor, and the online sports betting platform. As a form of payment option online, it is one of the most sought after and it is very common in the online gambling industry. As a matter of fact, only the American sports betting industry is yet to integrate it as a form of payment.
As one of the most popular payment options, most of the online sportsbooks have designed their platforms with Skrill integration in mind. Some even have bonuses that punters can claim once they’ve made deposits using Skrill.
Top Skrill Sports Betting Sites
How to choose a sportsbook that supports Skrill
Sometimes, it’s okay not to pick from our recommended list of Skrill Bookmakers. However, with the vast selection of sites to choose from, you would need this practical guide to help you find the best option. The list below has the top features to look for when making your selection.
- Look for a site with the best value odds
Online sports betting sites are able to offer you with the best value odds through their sporting events. You can find out about the platform’s odds by reading through their RTP audit report, which is readily available in the Terms and Conditions section.
- Types of sporting events and markets
Not all bookmakers offer the same sporting events. This therefore means that it’s important you choose a site that has a sporting event you are well familiar with. If for example you enjoy betting on football, it needs to have football events from all over the world, and have hundreds of markets to accompany these events.
- Look at data safety and security
Please always ensure that you’ve stuck to reputable online sportsbetting platforms only. While doing so, look at what measures they’ve employed to safeguard the information. Also look at the software providers and other payment options they’ve partnered with. They should be a good indicator of the type of platform that you are about to sign up to.
Advantages of using Skrill
Firstly, being a widely accepted payment option across multiple online bookmakers is a big advantage in and of itself.
Secondly, it’s an easy to use payment option. To make a deposit or withdraw from your Skrill account, all that you need is log into your bookmaker account, select Skrill as the payment option, make the transaction you intended to and authorize the transaction. You won’t be asked for any further information besides your login details. This whole process certainly beats the long tedious process of entering your card details.
Thirdly, Skrill has a very big advantage when it comes to the speed it carries out the transactions. All the deposits made through Skrill are instantaneous. Withdrawals take only a few hours, maximum 12 hours to clear out.
Lastly, the level of protection and security offered by Skrill is extremely tight. This ensures that any transaction made through Skrill at your preferred platform are very safe and secure.
Disadvantage of using Skrill
It’s clear that Skrill is one of the market leading eWallets that’s valued, trusted and widely embraced in the industry. However, despite all the love this payment method receives online, it still has some disadvantage. After all, we are in a real world where there’s nothing that’s ever 100% perfect.
- The main disadvantage comes about with promotions. Majority of the sites don’t have offers for deposits made through Skrill. Lucky for you, all the bookmakers listed at SportBettingBros don’t suffer from this shortcoming.
- Furthermore, there’s a big proportion of online bookmakers that charge you for using Skrill as your preferred method. The fees are applicable to both deposits and withdrawals.
Therefore, it’s usually worth sparing a few seconds to take a look at the small print at any sports betting site that supports Skrill.
Depositing Using Skrill
Making your deposit through Skrill is an effortless and painless process. If you’ve made deposits using credit/debit cards, you should know that Skrill’s drill is easy enough to implement. In fact, depositing to your account doesn’t get easier with Skrill.
Of course in order to make a deposit, you need to have a Skrill account that has funds in it. After that, you can always follow the procedure below to top up your account.
- Visit the banking page
- Select Skrill as your preferred method of depositing.
- Once highlighted, the Skrill log in page automatically appears. Enter your Skrill email and password credentials
- Enter the amount you’d like to deposit
- Confirm your transaction by clicking on the deposit button. Funds will automatically be credited to your account
It’s really that simple. And one of the biggest advantages of making deposits through Skrill is the speed of the transaction. Your funds will be available for you to use instantaneously!
Withdrawing Using Skrill
Withdrawing your winnings from your bookmaker’s to Skrill account is equally an easy to accomplish procedure. Here’s how you can go about the process.
- Under the banking page, click on the withdraw button
- Enter the amount that you’d like to withdraw from your account
- Pick Skrill as your preferred method. Sometimes, you might have to log into your Skrill account to complete the transaction
Additional Costs after Withdrawing Your Wins
The majority of the Skrill transactions made at the bookmakers are usually 100% free. However, you might have to incur extra costs as you withdraw the cash from Skrill to other payment platforms. Below is a quick breakdown of all the extra charges.
Payment Type Charges Imposed on Skrill
Money Transfer 5.5% commission
Bank Transfer 5.50% commission
Bank Draft Not applicable
Credit Cards 7.5% commission
One of the major benefits of using reputable eWallets such as Skrill for transactions comes about with the tight protection and security embedded into them. It’s simply best of the best stuff, meaning that all your transactions are totally secure. Skrill affords state of the art security. However, should you run into any problems, you can always contact their customer support team. Below are the contact details for the customer support team.
- Skrill VIP help line – +44 (0) 203 608 1405
- Skrill VIP email – [email protected]
- Twitter – @skrill
The help line is usually open from 0900hrs GMT to 1800hrs GMT. Typical response time to all emails is between 12-24 hours. Tweets on the other hand are replied to within a maximum of 6 hours.
Features of Skrill
The majority of the Skrill customers find the services offered by Skrill suiting them and most benefit from a number of features. They include the following.
- Skrill Loyalty Club – Through the loyalty club, you earn a point for every $1 you transfer. You can always use the points in the VIP store
- Skrill VIP scheme – Using this service frequently will see you level up through the eWallets Bronze, Silver and Gold VIP levels. At the highest level, you’ll gain access to lower exchange and upload fees, better transfer and withdrawal limits and importantly multiple multi-currency options
- Security Token – This also applies to the VIP levels where bettors get a 100% money guarantee through the Skrill security token.
The people behind pay by Skrill sports betting sites fully understand that punters who use Skrill want a platform that’s reliable, fast and secure. And they’ve designed their platform so that it can incorporate all these features seamlessly. We highly recommend that you try it across some of the platforms that we’ve recommended above.